Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Research Trip: Las Vegas

My two good lady-friends and I are meeting up soon in the fabulously decadent city of Las Vegas!  I'm heading to the Vision Expo West optical convention all in the name of eyeglass research and have corralled my friends into coming with me for a much-needed ladies weekend.  I can hardly wait to see them! These are some of the activities we have on our list:

Cocktails at the Vesper Bar at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.  The Vesper is said to be a James Bond-tinged oasis from the chaotic streets of Vegas and a man named George is reportedly the best mixologist in town-the Mayan is highly recommended by The Minty.
photo by James Medcraft via Architecture Meme

A Cirque Du Soliel show at the MGM Grand.  Someone told me they recently saw KA and that it was amazing.

Spa day at the Mandalay Bay is a must as well.  I've heard that if you get a spa treatment--whether a massage or just a manicure--you get to hang out by their amazing pool all day long; there's this tranquil indoor soaking pool and the over-the-top outdoor pools (including a wave pool and a lazy river).  I'm thinking that an afternoon at all of the pools is an absolute must.

The Neon Museum is also a must.  One of our crew is a photographer and there's just no way we can't miss visiting a beautifully dilapidated part of Vegas history on her behalf....oh the photos to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment