Thursday, March 14, 2013

SXSW 2013!!!

The very first time I ever came to Austin to see if I wanted to live here was during South By South West.  It was brilliant and I decided that I had to be here always-albeit, by the end of the 4 day music fest I was exhausted and rugged (I think I even fell asleep on my feet once during a concert).  Every year after I was working and could only go out at night which stunk because most of my favorite free concerts happen for free during the day and this year we're heading up to NYC today for a conference.  But next year, next year I want to do it right and take the whole week off, research new music/film/parties during the months leading up to it, and just possibly weedling my way into obtaining a badge (forget the wristbands, it's rarely even worth the purchase).

This is one of the bands coming to SXSW that we'll miss this time round but I hope to catch next time: Dan Croll.

No comments:

Post a Comment