Monday, October 7, 2013

How To Break Into The Optical Field

For those who are not complete optical fiends, there are two major conferences in the States where all of us eyewear lovers and industry folk gather together to check out what other people are doing and more importantly, for doctors to make large purchases.  We just weathered Vision Expo West in Las Vegas--where folks go party--and in the spring we'll have Vision Expo East in New York City where we all actually go to work.

I just worked my very first Vegas show and while I expected to the experience to be brutal and to come home feeling like a wet noodle, it wasn't bad at all.  In fact I'd say it was rather successful and I quite enjoyed myself.  Word to the wise: bring comfortable shoes.  End of story.  Leave the Vegas heels for later the night when all the fun begins anyhow.

This is a photo from our booth, Shauns California, a killer line based in California and handmade in Italy.  For every pair of frames we sell, we sponsor an eye exam, and donate a pair of glasses to someone in need--a little something we call "Soulful Luxury"  Check it out, the frames are very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment