Thursday, September 20, 2012

Summer Cocktails: Midnight Pupp

I recently subscribed to a couple magazines.  Figuring that I won't be moving out of this house for quite some time, I thought necessary to actually subscribe to a few choice publications instead of picking them up at the grocery store for twice as much money.  My selections: Martha Stewart, Lucky Magazine, and Afar-a fabulous travel magazine.  My first issue of Afar featured an article about the Czech spa town of Karlovy Vary (the hometown of herbal liquor Becherovka) and included a cocktail recipe that I had to try out for a Summer Cocktail--the Midnight Pupp!

Midnight Pupp(MAKES 1 COCKTAIL)
Based on the recipe from Jan Becher’s Bar
INGREDIENTS
2/3 ounce Becherovka
2/3 ounce Amaretto
2/3 ounce apricot brandy
5 ounces orange juice
Grenadine
MAKE IT
1. Pour the Becherovka, Amaretto, apricot brandy, and orange juice into a cocktail shaker with several ice cubes.
2. Shake well.
3. Strain into a tall glass, add a dash of grenadine, and serve.
Recipe and photos via Afar Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment