Monday, September 24, 2012

The Hungry Ghost

Since Conner and I have had time to settle in to our very first house, I've begun to figure out how I want to use this home--I don't want to simply live here quietly.  I want to entertain!  I want people to feel comfortable to come over and relax with friends and good times.  I want to host concerts in the back yard and outdoor movies.  I want to create a space where fun and creativity happens.  Therefore, I've been doing lots of research on how become a good host.  Now, I suppose this comes naturally to some people, but I wasn't raised in a home that entertained a great deal and it's always a bit of stressful ordeal for me.  So, to get over my anxious feelings about entertaining, I'm researching how other people do it successfully.  I also plan on doing it a bunch just to get over myself. 

The Hungry Ghost: Food + Travel blog has quickly become one of my favorite daily reads in my research quest; mainly because of the amazing photography by New York-based Andrea Genti.  I just want to curl up in these photos and call them home.  The colors and composition reminds me of the Dutch Old Master style of painting which adds to the sense of nostalgia and comfort I feel when I scroll through her pictures.  
all photos by Andrea Genti

No comments:

Post a Comment