Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Christina Shaffell Photography





California based artist Christina Shaffell, employs both photography and graphic design to create images that are dusty and full of unspoken stories.  While spending some time in Texas, Christina and I became friends and I have admired her work ever since I've known her.  Maybe it's because neither she nor I are originally from Texas and iconic images, such as cowboys, teepees, and gaming trophies, are still mysterious, foreign, and terribly beautiful.

When I think of Texas, I think of dusty isolation, self-reliance, a like-hell-I-won't attitude, and romantic instability.  Christina has harnessed all these qualities in her photographic series that can be found at Society 6.  I'm hoping to post an interview with Miss Shaffell on Stella & Finn very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment