Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Personal Style Experiment

I'm going to start a bit of an experiment. I usually wake up in the morning and spend a good 10 minutes trying to figure out what I'm going to wear that day before I even get out of bed.  This daily time-consuming chore is only alleviated if one has to wear scrubs to work; something I had to do for a hot minute when I worked at an optometrist office.  However, whatever happiness I felt about having an extra 10 minutes of unimpeded sleep was replaced with feelings of being a 1980's single mom complete with a bowl haircut--a cut I got in an effort to be more "fun and hip" at work.  Whoops.

I am now employed at an office where I must dress in what is described as "date casual", something I can totally jive with.  However, lately I've been having a terrible time figuring out what to wear.  So I've decided to pick 20 items total to wear over the next month and see how creative I can be--this includes tops. bottoms, shoes, jewelry, and accessories.  Bottom line: this is really an attempt to distill and streamline my personal style and become effortlessly and awesomely stylish. 

Here are the contestants:
Bottoms from right to left: Yellow skirt-handmade out of old draperies, 2. Long black dress-Anthropologie, 3. White jeans-Urban Outfitters, 4. Full tangerine skirt-handmade out of fabric from Hancock Fabrics.
Tops from right to left: 1. Striped shirt-JCrew, 2. Lilac Tee-Target, 3. Cream flutter top-Urban Outfitters, 4. Watercolor top-Anthropologie, 5. Chambrey button down-Anthropologie, 6. (unpictured) Gray tanktop-Target
Clockwise from top: 1. Black booties-Steve Madden, 2. Panama Hat-Target, 3. Brown wide belt-Anthropologie, 4. Tangerine Sandals-JCrew, 5. White leather belt-Goodwill, 6. (unpictured) Gray loafers-Steve Madden.
That makes 16 items so far.  I figure that leaves 4 different pieces of jewelry and I simply haven't decided which ones I should limit myself to for a month.  I'll figure that out tonight and post the remaining 4 pieces soon.  The experiment starts Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment