Saturday, May 26, 2012

The New Gypsies--Iain McKell







British photographer Iain McKell spent 10 years following a band of Travelers around Britain.  The photographs he took of their lives over the years are beautiful and haunting.  McKell has collected his work into a book entitled The New Gypsies and I would adore to get my hands on a copy of it.

I first came to know McKell's series through the blog Black*Eiffel and have loved it ever since; the colors are amazing and it completely romanticizes my well-known desire to travel.  My man and I just returned to Austin, Texas after living on the road for a year and a half in our 54 Chevy.  I kind of documented it in our travel blog but for some reason could never keep it up on a regular basis.  Of course, now that it's all over, I wish I had documented the whole thing better.  

There's a nice interview with Iain McKell at AnOther Mag.

No comments:

Post a Comment