Friday, November 23, 2012

Antique Macy's Thanksgiving Parade Photos

 It's been a really long time since I've actually watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade since I don't have television (although I do netflix it up quite often).  However, after I saw these awesome historic photos of the Macy's parade on the TIME website, I might have to make a point to watch it next year.  More photos can be found here.
Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, NYC, 1988
Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, New York City, 1988

Read more: http://nation.time.com/2012/11/21/catching-air-macys-thanksgiving-day-parade/#ixzz2DZw53QzU
 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, NYC, 1930's
Times Square during the 1949 Thanksgiving Parade
1956 Parade crowd
Haha, funny thing that I did hear on the radio the day after Thanksgiving was that all the confetti strewn over Times Square was made up of shredded New York Police Department documents; the catch being that the confetti wasn't shredded properly and so confidential info was leaked all over the city.  Whoops.  Full story here.

No comments:

Post a Comment