Monday, July 9, 2012

Marfa, Texas

Conner and I took a long 4th of July weekend and drove up to see my folks in southwest New Mexico.  Since both of our parents live in that part of the country, we've been up and down the terribly flat and boring I-10 that cuts across west Texas, so this time we took a quick detour and headed to Marfa for the night. 

Despite the fact that almost everything was closed for July 4th, I had a good time and it's true, Marfa is adorable.  Settled in the early 1800's, the town has been the setting for the Marfa Army Airfield, artist Donald Judd and the Chianti Foundation, and the filming of Giant with Elizabeth Taylor.  I'm still leaving this little town on my "To See" list, but next time we'll have to go when there's some sort of festival and things are open.



I loved the colors of this building.
Where we stayed at the Thunderbird Hotel

Playing with shutter speed, right after a torrential downpour

No comments:

Post a Comment